The Misericordia Sisters founded several works.
At La Petite Maison de la Miséricorde, in Montréal, we welcome with respect and empathy, women heads of single-parent families and their children by offering individualized support to help her to restore confidence and autonomy, and on the other hand, various family services.
The Heritage Group is made up of works founded by the Misericordia Sisters. The corporation and administration of these organizations are now ensured by persons other than the Misericordia Sisters. Today, the members of this group perpetuate the mission of the Institute with the same spirit.
The group is made up of organizations established in Canada, in the United States and Ecuador.
• Rosalie Hall, Scarborough, with compassion and respect, assists young parents in need and their children to realize their potential through the provision of a wide range of community, residential, educational, and child development services.
• Villa Rosa, Winnipeg, Manitoba, is a prenatal and postnatal residence offering a wide variety of programs in a safe and nurturing environment. Any single, pregnant woman or new mother in need may access our services. Villa Rosa’s mission is to provide support to mothers, babies and their families during and after pregnancy.
• Misericordia Health Centre, Winnipeg, Manitoba, is one of the leading providers of specialized care to meet the needs of the aging population, according to the Catholic tradition of ethical and spiritual values through the legacy of the Misericordia Sisters.
• Wolseley Family Place in Winnipeg, Manitoba, is a welcoming centre where families with small children can access support staff and other parents, on family-related issues.
• Misericordia Community Hospital and Health Centre, Edmonton, Alberta, provides a full range of acute care services to a diverse and growing community. Health care services follow a deep-rooted tradition of healing the body, enriching the mind and nurturing the soul.
• Pathfinders, Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Rosalie Center empowers young parents to develop assets to form safe, healthy families, develop skills to be self-sufficient and avoid unplanned subsequent pregnancies.
• Catholic Guardian Services, Materny Services, Bronx, New York. Through compassionate care to women who are pregnant, parenting education, counseling, referral and adoption services, they strive to promote the development of life from its beginning and to develop the potential of nurturing parents to establish permanent loving homes which reflect God’s unconditional love for all his children.
• La Fundacion Mision Rosalia Cadron, in Pascuales, Ecuador, is a non-profit organization whose mission is to help the Œuvre Rosalie Cadron, at Pascuales in Ecuador. It provides the necessary funding to allow the continuity of the services offered by two centers located at Pascuales, either Centro de Desarollo Infantil El Mundo Màgico de Los Niños, a center of early childhood for the 2 to 5 years, and the Centro de Mujeres Madre Rosalia, a training centre for women, of which 80% are single mothers.
Twin Works is made up of autonomous organizations which have the same objective and the same philosophy as the Institute of the Misericordia Sisters. There are Twin Works in Québec: Montreal, St-Eustache and Gatineau as well as in Ligueil, France.
• Espoir Rosalie is a non-profit community organization founded in Gatineau on January 14 1992. Its mandate is to warmly welcome single mothers and their child or children and to accompany them as they develop means and resources to take control of their lives from a financial, parenting, personal and social point of view.
• Le Centre Marie-Ève is situated in St-Eustache. It is a warm and inviting community organisation that offers various services to pregnant women and to mothers, having children under the age of 2, experiencing difficulties. The Centre offers tools but mostly presence to help mothers find meaningful points of reference so that they may take care of themselves and develop their self-confidence and parenting skills.
• Halte la Ressource is in Montreal. It provides a healthy environment and offers a warm welcome and a listening space for parents and their family. Special attention is given to single mothers who find themselves in difficult situations.